Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!


Twas the 1st of January, and all through the school. Not a sole was awake, except for some fools. For they had all stayed up so very late, to welcome with joy, this one special date.

Hahaha, like my poem?






















































 Happy New Year everybody! I hope you had a great 2012 and are looking forward to this year as much as I am. This morning at around 9:00 I woke up to the loudest snoring. It was the first day of January, what was my roommate Grace still doing asleep?

"Grace, Grace! Wake-up, it's 2013!"

"What, Emma! I know, it's so early!"


Well I guess it's not my fault Grace was still tired. Yesterday Morning my 2013 school diary arrived. That was when it sank in that it wasn't going to be 2012 much longer. And now here we are, the 1st of January. Do you have a 2013 planner yet?


So as we do every morning, Grace and I sat at the foot of our beds and chatted. Today we got onto the topic of new year resolutions. "What's yours?" asked Grace. " I want to spend more time working on my blog and writing, as well as my photography, so my friends, readers, and family can have more of an update about my life, more regularly. " Grace nodded, "What about you?." She was silent for a minute and scratched Coconut's head, "Uh, probably becoming more familiar with the school, and getting to now the teachers and other kids better."


By the way, I don't know if you have formally met Grace yet. She recently moved to LSA from New York City, so her and Hannah have been talking about American Girl dolls so much. Grace has a collection but didn't bring them because she though they wouldn't be popular here.

Grace is very interested in the outdoors and nature. She also absolutely loves science, that's what her scholarship to LSA was for. Wildlife research. Grace says it's lovely being here in Australia, constantly surrounded by trees and nature. Apparently she had to travel to Central Park almost every weekend to carry out her research in New York. How annoying would that be?, not being able to do something you love regularly?

Tell me in the comments. What's your new years resolution?
Well bye for now, see you soon!

-Emma xx

1 comment: